Conditions of Hire
Subject to the approval of the MILLPOOL CENTRE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE the building or part thereof is available for use by:
- Local community user groups for either fund-raising or non- fund raising activities
- Local & National Charitable groups for the delivery of services to the Community.
- Local, National & Statutory bodies for the delivery of services to the Community
- Local residents for private functions e.g. wedding receptions, children’s parties, family parties.
- Other interested parties at the discretion of the Millpool Centre Management Committee.
The following conditions shall apply:
Organisations and individuals using the facilities have duties in law laid out by Acts governing Health & Safety and by the conditions attached to our insurance policy and premises licence.
A Responsible Person.
- The Millpool Centre Manager/nominated person or some responsible person (not under 21 years of age) who hires the building or part thereof shall be present and in charge during the whole period of time the public are in the building.
- He/she will be responsible for ensuring that all members of the public have vacated the building, before leaving/locking up. Also for checking that heating thermostats has been turned off, and all lighting is switched off.
- He/she will be responsible for ensuring that the building or part thereof is clean and tidy and any equipment used is cleared away (unless agreed for third party to carry out this function. See additional charges: Cleaning).
- He/she will also be responsible for the general behaviour of the public. The hirer will inform the Centre Manager/Management Committee of the name of the responsible person prior to commencing hire.
Health and Safety Compliance.
- The Millpool Centre Management Committee ensures that the building is at all times compliant with current Health and Safety Regulations and that the building contains sufficient instructions/signage informing the user of safety procedures (e.g. Fire exits etc.).
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that all users are fully acquainted with these procedures and are compliant throughout the hire of the building or part thereof.
- Millpool Centre Management Committee accepts no responsibility for food made and served or food brought to the Centre and consumed in the building.
- Food Hygiene Guidelines are displayed, in the kitchen, for the benefit of all building users. Please read these and adhere to them.
- The Millpool Centre is fully compliant with current Fire Regulations and has a full evacuation
procedure in place, details of which will either be provided at the time of hire or is available
from the Centre Manager.
- In the event of fire, the person in charge (responsible person) will be responsible for checking
the building or part thereof; (in the event of the hirer being the sole occupant they are
responsible for checking the whole building) that all persons have evacuated the building,
unless his or her life would be put in danger by doing so.
- Please ensure all fire exits are kept clear at all times.
- Occasional users should familiarise themselves with how to raise the alarm and the locations
of the fire exits in the event of fire.
Time of Hire.
- Time of entry and departure to be agreed at time of booking and this should be included in
the letting form to the Centre Manager.
- Any additional time may incur additional costs.
- Millpool Centre users are expected to do their own housekeeping, leaving the premises in
readiness for the next user or, elect to bear the cost of a cleaning contractor as housekeeping
is not included in the premises charge.
- When the room(s) are booked for parties or weddings with a bar a security deposit will be
required to be held until the management have found the room(s) to be in a suitable condition.
- This is particularly applicable in the case of a late evening booking, as the building must be
left available for use by 8am the following morning
- Additional time required for cleaning should be arranged with the Centre Manager at the time
of booking. Alternatively a cleaner can be arranged for a fee.
- Housekeeping arrangements and returning of the keys must be agreed with the Centre Manager.
- In the case of the Millpool Centre Manager deciding that part or all of the security deposit
should be retained because of cleaning costs or damage, the hirer should make themselves
available for a joint inspection of the premises.
Deposit and Cancellation Policies.
- For single event bookings a 20% (of total value) deposit will be required at the time of
- Hire charge balance must be paid 28 days prior to the event.
- For events that are booked with a bar for example; parties, weddings and music events a
surety bond of £150.00 is required against any damage to the building or its contents. This
will be placed in a holding account until as stated above “the Management find the building to
be in a suitable condition”. The bond will then be returned within 7 days of the event. This
policy is at the discretion of the Millpool Centre Manager.
- Cancellations must be made 28 days prior to booking date for a full refund.
- The nominated or responsible person using the building or part thereof will be held responsible
for any damage to the building, its furnishings, fittings, accessories or the surrounds.
- Any damage must be reported and made good at the expense of the responsible person, and to
the full satisfaction of the Millpool Centre Management Committee.
- Broken crockery must be paid for (price list in kitchen).The Management Committee accepts
no responsibility for the loss of, or damage to, any property brought to the building.
- When leaving the Building after 11pm, please keep noise to a minimum to avoid creating a
nuisance to local residents.
- The hirer shall, if using sound amplification equipment, keep noise to a reasonable level and
comply with any other licensing conditions for the premises.
Sale and consumption of alcohol.
- The Millpool Centre is licenced to sell alcohol. The use of the bar and the sale of alcohol at the
Millpool Centre must be agreed in advance as part of the premises hire agreement
- Alcohol shall not be sold to persons suspected to be under the age of 18 years. The Millpool
Centre Management reserves the right to ask for proof of age (under the challenge 25 guidance)
when purchasing alcohol. The forms of proof of age that will be accepted are a passport,
a photo driving licence or a proof of age card that has a PASS accreditation hologram on it.
Photcopies will not be accepted
- Attention of hirers is drawn to legislation regarding the supply of alcohol. Please be aware that
buying of, or selling alcohol to under 18’s is against the law and punishable by a fine of up to
£5,000. Millpool Centre staff will challenge persons who appear to be under the age of 25 to
- If a bar is requested, this will be operated by the Millpool Centre staff. It is at the discretion of
the Millpool Centre staff to close the bar in the case of unruly or drunken behaviour.
- The hirer shall ensure that people attending their event do not excessively consume alcohol.
Drunk and disorderly behaviour will not be permitted either on the premises or in the vicinity
of the Millpool Centre.
- The hirer will ensure that people attending their event do not disturb the Centre’s neighbours
when arriving and leaving the event.
- Any person suspected of being drunk, under the influence of drugs or who is behaving in a
violent way shall be asked to leave the premises. No illegal drugs may be brought onto the
Health and Social Care.
- A no smoking policy (this also applies to E cigarettes) applies throughout the Millpool Centre
building and exterior areas; including ramps and steps to the building, to comply with current
regulations in public buildings.
- The Millpool Centre Management Committee has adopted Child Protection Guidelines. User
groups involving children are requested to read and adhere to these guidelines.
- Certain items of equipment may not be covered by the Millpool Centre insurances. Please check
with the Centre Manager to ensure you are protected.
Set up of Equipment.
- If required Millpool Centre staff may set up a room for the hirer (e.g. chairs, tables, IT
- A charge may be made for this service.
Performing Rights society Licence.
- The Millpool Centre holds a Performing Rights Society Licence.
- The Performing Rights Society Licence permits the use of copyrighted music from any form
e.g. record, compact disc, tapes, radio or television.
- The Millpool Centre will make a charge to non-community users who require this licence for
Marketing of your Event.
- The Millpool Centre is not responsible for the marketing of events held by private hirers.
However hirers may, by arrangement, work with the Millpool Centre Manager/staff to help
- The hirer will not carry out or permit fly posting or any other form of unauthorised
advertisement for any event taking place at the Millpool Centre.
- Failure to observe this condition may lead to prosecution by the local authority and the hirer no
longer being able to hire the Millpool Centre.
- Hirers should seek permission of the Manager to put up promotional material at the Centre.
The Management Committee.
- Reserves the right to refuse any applicant the use of the building or part thereof without
giving any reason.
- Reserves the right to amend these conditions of let at any time.
- Will not be liable for any damage, injury or loss of property brought to or left in the premises
by persons using the building or part thereof.
- Has no legal responsibility for items of lost property.
These terms and conditions of hire maybe subject to change from time to time as directed by the
Millpool Centre Management Committee.
Looe Development Trust is a Company limited by guarantee and a Registered Charity.
Registered Office: Millpool Centre, The Millpool, West Looe, Cornwall. PL13 2AF
Registered in England & Wales.
Company No. 4314538
Registered Charity No. 1090558